Friday, March 22, 2013

Porwhiri


Yesterday room 19 did a Porwhirir with room 18.During the Porwhiri I really enjoyed our waita.
I saw that a lot of people weren't that comfortable with doing a hongi.
It was really fun when I had to give a donation to the tangata whenua (The locals of the land).
I also enjoyed it when Hamish used a taiha to try and scare us it was hard not to laugh because the boys from their class were using hockey sticks to try and scare us.
It kind of felt like I was in a real marae when we were doing all of the speeches.
I learnt a lot about the maori culture and some maori vocabulary.
We did all of this so we could learn about Cotrells
culture and it was really fun. The part I enjoyed most would be my speech and singing the waita. We get to do it again and this time we are not going to stop and we will all have lunch together after we have finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment