Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Yacht making reflection

The positives.
Yesterday we made models of a yacht in groups of two or three. My group was Charlotte, mason and I. The best part of our yacht was probably the sail it looked cool because of the blue cellophane. I think that Charlotte and I did a good job on the sail and the sprit pole. One of the other good things was our centreboard it fits perfectly and can slide up and down. Another cool thing was our yachts name it was Ocean Blue we all agreed and we all like it.

The Negatives.
Yesterday we made models of a yacht in groups of two or three. My group was Charlotte, mason and I. Our group worked well in some parts like when we were making the rudder and tiller. Mason let us down with not really contributing. We were trying to get him involved but he was just being silly with all of the materials. So next time we make somethin in groups Mason could contribute more.


The interesting.
The most interesting part of our yacht is that it runs on wind. So when we are sail it i’m not sure if it will sail but I hope that it will. We decided to do that because if we used rope to move the sail when we put it in the water it wouldn't sail because we are not allowed to help our yacht sail. I don’t know if not using rope will help us or if it will not. Lots of the other groups used rope so it will be interesting to see whose yachts move.

Modifications I would make.
The modifications I would make would be for our tiller and rudder to work as one because right now the work separately and are not connected together. So that could be something to work on because it would be cool if we could actually steer our yacht with them. I think that we could modify our centreboard because its hole it goes into is a bit too big and water might come in and sink the hole yacht. Also our sail is a bit too big and it interferes with the centreboard.   


No comments:

Post a Comment