Monday, September 23, 2013

Yachting reflection

In week 7 of term three Nga Rakou were lucky enough to go optimist yachting. I have been yachting before so I was pretty confident. On the first day of yachting I was paired up with Brodie. It was a test for me to see if I could sail a yacht and help and teach Brodie at the same time. Brodie was a good partner and became a great sailor in no time. I think that I did a pretty good job on teaching Brodie because he got a little bit stressed when we tipped a little and I calmed him down and told him just to slide forward a bit. On Tuesday I was sick so I didn’t get to go yachting I was really gutted. One time Liam and I went togethe. I learnt that Liam was a great partner and we both got involved heaps. At first I was a little bit scared of capsizing but when me and Liam went really fast around a corner I fell out of the boat and I learnt that it wasn’t that bad and it felt good that I knew that it was ok. After that I wanted to try new things on the yacht and it made yachting even funner. When we got to capsize our yachts I helped some people capsize because they were feeling a bit nervous. When I went with Rogan we communicated really well with each other. One thing I need to work on is to be a bit more confident in myself and my abilities and remember to focus on doing my job as well as helping my partner. Overall Yachting was really fun and a great experience!

Thank you teachers.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great reflection, Josh. You have thought really carefully about yourself and the way that you interacted with your classmates. This is a really thoughtful reflection. I was really proud of the way that you pushed yourself, even when you were nervous.

    ReplyDelete